To start off, I cut up a chicken breast into small, about 1/2", pieces then cooked it on medium high (with some oil and S&P).
After the chicken is mostly cooked, start with the other ingredients as listed in the original recipe:
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 cups cooked white rice (day old or leftover rice works best!)
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- (1 Tbsp hot oil)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1. On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. (I add 1 Tbsp of hot oil at this point.)
- 2. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.
- 3. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
- 4. Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated
You know you have a good recipe when a teenager eats 3 heaping bowls of it without stopping. Since I doubled the recipe, my husband and I even had enough to eat.
"Bon Appetit"...or as translated in Chinese, "Chī Hǎo"!